Can you even believe it? We have officially passed the halfway point for One Truckee River Month!
If you’re anything like us, May feels like it’s going by far too quickly…luckily there are still plenty of awesome events to enjoy before the end of the month! And instead of reading about what’s in store for the rest of the month, now you can listen to it! Whether in your car, in your shower, or at the gym, this has got to be the most convenient way to plan out the remainder of your OTR Month.
We recently went down to the Nevada Department of Wildlife’s office to chat with them about One Truckee River Month on their podcast, “Nevada Wild.” We talked VIP events, raffle prizes, and other exciting river events to watch out for.
If that tickled your fancy, here are the events we discussed so you can get them on your calendar ASAP:
- May 18th: Kiwanis Sparks’ Riding on the River Family Festival @ Cottonwood Park
- May 20th: Film Screening: Run Wild Run Free: 50 Years of Wild and Scenic Rivers @ Patagonia Outlet Reno
- May 23rd: Oxbow After Dark! @ Oxbow Nature Study Area (Registration for this event is currently FULL)
- May 25th: Pyramid Lake Day @ Marble Bluff Fish Passage
- May 25th: Truckee River History Presentation @ Sparks Heritage Museum
- May 28th: Torr Up (River Themed) Trivia @ 10 Torr Brewing and Distilling
- May 30th: Downtown Reno Treewalk @ Wingfield Park
- May 31st: Family Night Out @ Pat Baker Park
These are just a selection of all the events we have left this May. Make sure to head over to our website’s calendar to see the full lineup.