Loading Events

« All Events

  • This event has passed.

Susan G. Komen 20th Reno Race for the Cure

October 14 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm

The Reno Race for the Cure raises funds and awareness for the fight against breast cancer in Nevada, celebrates breast cancer survivorship, honors those who have joined the fight against breast cancer by raising money to provide breast cancer services for individuals in our community who face barriers to care and honors those who have lost their battle with the disease.

The Race includes 5K (3.1 mile) run/walk and 1 mile walk options. Both start and end at Reno City Plaza; the route follows the beautiful Truckee River.

The local Race is one of a series of Races that take place in over 100 locations throughout the US and the world. It is the world’s largest and most successful breast cancer fundraising and education event series.

75% of funds raised stay in Nevada primarily providing breast cancer screening, diagnosis and treatment services to Nevadans who otherwise would not have access to these lifesaving services. The other 25% is pooled with the same percentage from all Race for the Cure events globally to fuel groundbreaking breast cancer research. Komen’s research portfolio focuses on finding and developing more effective treatments for metastatic breast cancer and the most aggressive forms of breast cancer.

When you fundraiser for the Reno Race for the Cure, you are taking us a step closer to our Bold Goal of reducing the number of breast cancer deaths in the US by 50% by 2026.

Details

Date:
October 14
Time:
9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Event Category:
Website:
https://facebook.com/events/754713158065763/

Venue

Downtown City Plaza
1 North Virginia
Reno, NV 89501 United States
+ Google Map