Outdoor Skills & Ethics Workshop
January 29 @ 1:00 pm - 4:30 pmfree
Join Keep Truckee Meadows Beautiful and the Leave No Trace Center for Outdoor EthicsTraveling Trainers on Tuesday, January 29th from 1 PM to 4:30 PM at Brick House at Bartley Ranch Regional Park for an interactive, hands-on workshop teaching participants to minimize impacts when recreating outdoors. Best of all it’s FREE!!!
Attendees will learn:
• How to prepare for your outdoor adventure to minimize risk and impact.
• The three methods of pooping in the outdoors, why trash should be packed out, and what to do with dirty dishwater.
• How to build and Leave No Trace campfire to prevent harming ecosystems.
• Where to set up camp and the right way to hike on and off trails.
• Why leaving your mark is overrated and how to avoid spreading invasive species.
• The best ways to interact with wildlife on the trails, at camp, or your local park.
• Trail etiquette and how to prevent user conflicts
• Effective communication tools for “Less than Leave No Trace” moments.
Leave No Trace is an international movement, nonprofit organization, and education program dedicated to protecting the outdoors by teaching people to enjoy it responsibly.