For the first time ever, Keep Truckee Meadows Beautiful and Nevada Land Trust are hiring a One Truckee River-specific position: A One Truckee River coordinator!
One Truckee River seeks a qualified consultant to provide professional services as OTR Coordinator, thanks to initial grant funding provided by the Truckee River Fund at the Community Foundation of Western Nevada and the Nevada Division of Environmental Protection 319 Program.
Full application available here.
The Coordinator’s primary role will be to manage the work of the OTR Partnership. Duties may include the following:
- Coordinate with OTR Partners on implementation, tracking, and progress reporting on the goals and action items related to the OTR Phase I Management Plan;
- Facilitate creation, maintenance, reporting, and oversight of the Partnership’s annual work plan;
- Work closely on behalf of OTR with Resource Concepts, Inc. and Nevada Division of Environmental Protection to augment current efforts and help facilitate continued development of a seamless, cohesive Source Water and Watershed Protection Program Plan for the Truckee River watershed;
- Communicate with partner agencies and funders, such as providing updates to elected officials on activities and issues related to OTR;
- Serve as first point of contact for OTR Partnership and media inquiries;
- Coordinate meetings and events of the Partnership, including agenda development, notifications, note taking, and follow-up;
- Identify and develop potential funding opportunities, as well as conduct grant research, writing, and submission;
- Coordinate with OTR fiscal agent to manage existing grant funds, including budgeting, quarterly reporting, compliance with funding source requirements, and final reporting; and,
- Forge cooperative relationships and agreements between existing OTR Partners as well as with future OTR Partners.
The selected consultant retained by One Truckee River will contract with Nevada Land Trust, in NLT’s capacity as fiscal partner of OTR, and will report to the executive directors of KTMB and NLT. The initial contract term is will be for 12 months, beginning late January 2018. The option to renew twice for an additional 6 months, or up to 12 additional months will be based on available funding and satisfactory work product.
Deadline: To be considered for the One Truckee River Coordinator contract position, please submit a proposal with a cover letter indicating interest, qualifications/experience, references, and fee schedule, no later than 4pm Friday, January 5, 2018. Electronic delivery via email is preferred (with OTR Coordinator RFP in the subject line) to email@example.com, or by courier or delivery service to One Truckee River/OTR Coordinator RFP, c/o NLT & KTMB, 2601 Plumas Street, Reno, NV 89509. For USPS delivery, please ensure delivery can be made prior to the deadline: OTR Coordinator RFP/A. Hoeft, Initiatives Coordinator/ Nevada Land Trust/PO Box 20288, Reno, NV 89515.
For information about the posting, please email or call Alex Hoeft, Initiatives Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org 775-851-5180.